How to create and add a recruiting call-to-action in Clinch
In Clinch Talent, a call-to-action (or "CTA") is the means by which an anonymous visitor to your careers-related landing pages demonstrates an interest in your company as an employer and makes him/herself known to that employer.
A CTA takes the form of a button or link that commands attention and asks a visitor to enter his or her email address in exchange for a free download, or to secure his or her place on an email list, for example. Thanks to our ATS integrations, a Clinch Talent call-to-action can also be used as the first step in the job application process.
The Clinch CTA tool allows you to quickly and easily build calls-to-action designed specifically with your recruiting goals in mind.
- Capture emails and build out your talent network for easier sourcing.
- Register the interest of and identify promising candidates, even before they apply for a job.
- Get to know and communicate with candidates that would otherwise remain anonymous.
How it works
In the left or top menu, go to Web Pages > Calls to Action.
On the screen that follows, click on the green "+" button to create a new CTA.
Give your call-to-action a name — something that will render it instantly recognisable in a list.
Assign a call-to-action "type".
N.B. If your call-to-acton type is "Form," please refer to this article for information on using the Clinch Talent Form Builder. Where additional fields appear, choose accordingly from the dropdowns.
Autofill by LinkedIn
Autofill by LinkedIn is now available for use in Clinch calls-to-action. Once enabled, not only does this feature facilitate faster, easier completion of calls-to-actions by candidates, it also sends that candidate’s LinkedIn profile information over to their candidate record in the Clinch CRM. With access to a more complete picture of each candidate, recruiters are able to make more informed hiring decisions with greater confidence.
- The use of Autofill with LinkedIn is optional for candidates.
- Because Clinch focuses on the “pre-application” stage of the candidate journey only i.e., it does not manage applications, this additional call-to-action feature is NOT the same as “Apply with Linkedin.”
- The button will only show if:
a) the current candidate is unknown (i.e. a prospect) and
b) the current candidate has not previously authorized Linkedin
To make the Autofill by LinkedIn feature available on a call-to-action, go to:
- Web pages > Calls-to-Action
- Create a new CTA or edit an existing one, then make sure the “Show Autofill by Linkedin” box is checked.
- Hit SAVE. You will be redirected to the Calls-to-Action screen where your new CTA will appear, in order, on the alphabetized list.
NOTE: If a candidate wishes to disconnect from LinkedIn, they can do so by going to their Candidate Settings and clicking the relevant button.
Adding your call-to-action to a page in Clinch Talent
In the left or top menu, select Web Pages. Click into the relevant Campaign and open the page on which you'd like to feature the CTA.
In Clinch Talent, a call-to-action appears on your page in the form of a content block.
A content block lives inside a row. To add a new row, click on the centred, green "+" button ( 1. )
Then, click on the "+" in the top left corner of the row to add a new block, and select "Call-to-action" from the dropdown. ( 2. )
Now, when you hover over this content block, a pencil and trash icon will appear in the top left corner to allow you to edit and delete the call-to-action respectively. Click on the pencil.
From the "Call to Action" dropdown, choose the CTA you have just created.
Add some copy/text below to give the CTA context and direct the candidate on how and why he/she should complete it.
As soon as your page is live, any candidate who fills out the call-to-action will immediately enter directly into the Candidates (All) list in Clinch Talent.